Saturday, November 28, 2009

patience

From time to time, we can get the urge to have answers now. As if our whole lives depended on having an answer or getting a response immediately. Not having something when we want it, whether it is an answer, an update, a webpage to load, or even just a simple response to a text message, can absolutely put us in a sour mood. It frustrates us, makes us anxious, and can sometimes drive us into paranoia. It seems like when we get a thirst for something, we can't rest until that thirst has been quenched. Why is that?

Why can't we just let things go? Why can't we wait a few hours, a few minutes, or even a few seconds? Why do we need answers, responses, and satisfaction immediately?

I've tried to calm the thirst. I've tried to be more patient. But it's easier said than done. There's something about needing that satisfaction of a response or an answer that will eat away at my inmost being and not let me rest until I've been answered.
But then, what is real peace and rest? Isn't it being satisfied and having the answers that we desire so much and knowing that at whatever moment that we feel peace we are not waiting for anything?

So basically, In order for myself to feel peace, I must satisfy my need for answers, responses, and whatever else is bothering me. There's got to be a better way to find satisfaction.

It seems that I may have been looking for ways that I can provide myself with peace. Maybe instead of looking to satisfy myself, I can look to satisfy others. Maybe if I stop looking inwardly and stop so much of my concern to fulfill my needs, I can try to fulfill the needs of others. Maybe that can provide me with peace...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment